Here at the Moonstone we encourage our customers and friends to tell us what their top ten favorite books are. We call it Maddy’s List in honor of Kerry and Dusty, family friends from Denver who own a dog called Maddy who likes books. Not to read them but to eat them. The Boy on the Wooden Box, his latest victim, is shown here in her jaws. Maddy does have good taste though because it was a New York Times Bestseller.
So what follows is a list of our friends and customer’s favorite books.
To start the process here is my list:
Peter’s Favorite Books
1. The sacred writing of your religious faith, whatever that book may be. It might be the Analects of Confucius, the Tanakh, Words of Gandhi or the Holy Bible.
2 & 3. The Moral Compass and the Book of Virtues by William Bennett
4. Pathfinders and Passages Gail Sheehy
5. Across America by Peter Jenkins
6. & 7. Boy Scout Handbook and Fieldbook.
8. Walden and Other Writings by Henry David Thoreau
9. Tuesdays With Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man and Life’s Great Lesson by Mitch Albom.
10. A River Runs Through It by Norman McClean.